Ooh I do love a #Listography and Kate Takes 5 has come up with Top 5 Truths According to Women [of a Certain Age!].
Here are my five things I have learned by age 48:
1) Know your limits. You don't have to be everything to everybody. A rest won't kill you.
2) Please yourself. If you fancy flowers / jewellery / whatever, you don't need to rely on other people - get your own.
3) Lower your expectations - it's expectations that hurt. But that doesn't mean you have to drop your standards.
4) Be true to yourself - it will pay off in the long run. Even if you don't understand a certain feeling at a particular time, let it guide you and it will - one day - make sense.
5) Having children is the most important thing you'll ever do. Find yourself a good man to settle down with earlier than is fashionable. Ideally, have the little blighters while you've still got the energy you'd otherwise be burning at the gym, because once that's all gone (and, let's face it, you'll never get it back), you'll find yourself counting down the hours until bedtime from the moment you get up. AND it's undoubtedly best to undertake this herculean task with someone you love and who loves you back unreservedly.
I think there's a book in the making with all the other words of wisdom on this particular Linky!